Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cooking A.C.

I have always loved cooking--or at least the idea of it. Even from a young age I can remember being fascinated by food: the nearly endless array of ingredients available in the world, the creative mind it takes to piece together something that works. I grew up watching a number of cooking shows that celebrate these ideals (i.e. the Japanese version of Iron Chef) and they remain some of my favorite shows today (i.e. Chopped).

I actually never did a lot of cooking growing up, and so by the time I graduated college and had a proper kitchen for the first time, my culinary toolbox was pretty bare. But now that I've got the opportunity to experiment in the kitchen and build up an arsenal of recipes, I've enjoyed it thoroughly. Thus the title of the blog: Cooking A.C., or, Cooking After College.

The purpose of this blog is primarily for myself: a place to record my culinary trials and tribulations, archiving the various recipes I attempt and preserving the memory of how succesful each was.

No comments:

Post a Comment